Sunday, February 8, 2009

How busyness can hurt your business

I’ve been thinking today about how my busyness seems to get in the way of my business.

Sometimes I just think I have so many things to do that I don’t get anything done. I was reminded of this watching a clip from one of the morning TV shows this morning. It focused on traffic and included a section comparing how efficiently ants got around to traffic jams on major highways.

The ants it turned out, get around much better even though there are a lot more of them than there are cars in the traffic jam.

Later, I thought about how my life sometimes seems like the traffic jam. All the things I want or need to do are stacked up behind each other.

As I pondered what to do about it, it occurred to me that I need to set priorities and do the most important things first. I also need to set aside a certain amount of time for each area of my life.

I have a feeling that getting my priorities in order and honoring a time schedule will help me stay on the fast lane to success.

Steve DeVane

2 comments:

Gary McElwain said...

Great post Steve

I can relate to exactly how you feel.
Being busy does not always mean we're getting things done.

Or at least the things we need to get done to create a successful business.

Gary McElwain

SteveDeVane said...

Gary,

Yeah. It drives me crazy to feel like I'm spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.

Thanks for the comment.

Steve